When contemplating lip fillers, it is important to understand the whole process as well as what post-treatment care you may need. With this information, you can come into treatment knowing exactly what it will be like and what you’ll need to do to ensure the best results.
While our staff at VitalityMDs will help you every step of the way, let’s take a look at what the treatment entails and what to do afterward to get the best results.
Before undergoing any aesthetic procedure, scheduling a consultation with the experienced professionals at VitalityMDs is crucial. During the consultation session, we will discuss your goals, address any questions and concerns you may have, and build a treatment plan specific to your needs.
The process of getting lip fillers is relatively simple. During your appointment, your provider may apply a topical anesthetic to ensure your comfort. Once that has set in, they will inject the lip filler solution (like Juvederm Ultra XC or Juvederm Volbella XC) into your lips. How much they inject depends on what you’re looking for. It typically doesn’t take more than 15 to 30 minutes.
Following a lip filler procedure at VitalityMDs in Scottsdale, AZ, you may experience swelling, redness, and sensitivity at the injection sites. These side effects are temporary and will diminish in a few days.
You should also be aware that the results will not last forever. You will see the full results about a week after the procedure and those typically last between six to twelve months. Touch-up treatment will be needed to maintain your results.
Our highly trained experts will offer guidance on how best to maintain your lips throughout the recovery process.
There are a few things you can do to make the recovery process go a little smoother and ensure you receive the best results possible. Some tips to follow include:
- To reduce swelling, it is recommended to apply ice packs or cold compresses to the lips within 24 hours after treatment. Only apply it for 10 minutes at a time.
- Refraining from contact or pressure on the lips is crucial to allow the filler to settle naturally.
- Proper hydration is essential for preserving the moisture and overall well-being of the lips.
- You will also want to avoid physically-demanding activities that may cause you to sweat for at least 24 hours.
- Avoiding alcohol and blood-thinner medications for at least the first 24 hours after treatment is also recommended to prevent excess bruising.
- Stick to the post-treatment instructions as much as possible. Your provider at VitalityMDs will give you guidelines to follow to ensure optimal healing.
Are you ready to enhance your lips and achieve the look you’ve always wanted? Now is the perfect time to schedule a consultation with VitalityMDs. Our experienced team will answer any questions you have and guide you through the lip filler procedure.
To schedule a consultation today, call our Scottsdale, AZ office at 480.690.9478 or use our online contact form. We look forward to helping you achieve your aesthetic goals!
BACK TO ALL BLOG