Quick and easy crock pot soup! The coconut milk provides healthy fat to your meal and adds a deep, rich, creamy flavor.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14 oz. can Trader Joe’s organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic chicken stock or broth
- 7 medium Organic Roma tomatoes, diced (can substitute 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 8 oz. (no added sugar) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ lbs. organic skinless chicken thighs
- Cilantro to garnish
In the crockpot, add onion, coconut milk, chicken stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasoning. Stir to combine. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Set crockpot to high for 4 hours. After 4 hours, remove the chicken. Break the chicken apart with a fork. Return to crockpot and stir. Garnish with cilantro.