- 3 cups spaghetti squash (one medium-sized squash), cooked
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken, organic is best
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (Trader Joe’s) or 1 ½ – 2 cups any non-dairy milk, such as almond milk
- 1 – 12 oz. bag frozen cauliflower rice (Costco)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4-6 slices of (Applewood nitrate-free, Costco) bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided in half
- Sprinkle of paprika or smoked paprika (I used smoked)
- Green onion as garnish (optional)
Spaghetti Squash: Prepare the spaghetti squash using one of the following methods.
- Oven Method: Cut the squash horizontally and scoop out the seeds. Rub generously with coconut or avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking dish flesh side down. Bake for 35-45 minutes in a 375-degree oven until cooked through and a knife slides through easily. Set aside to cool. When cooled enough to handle, scrape the noodles with a fork to create spaghetti strands.
- Microwave Method: Spear whole spaghetti with a knife several times. Place squash on a glass plate. Cook for 7-10 minutes until cooked. Insert a sharp knife to check for doneness. Set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, scrape the noodles with a fork to create spaghetti strands.
Chicken: Use leftover chicken or bake 2-3 chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, depending on size. Set aside to cool, and then break into chunks.
In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, cauliflower rice, garlic, and nutritional yeast. Stir to blend. Stir in cooked spaghetti squash noodles, cooked chicken, bacon pieces, parsley, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat placing contents into a baking dish. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Place in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with additional parsley or green onion, if desired.